Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Creative Critical Reflection 1

Use of Conventions:
I open the film with a wide shot, following the person walking; therefore, giving a relaxed, normal feel. The scene then slowly becomes a medium close up. I did this to show the tenseness that exudes from the main character as she is merely studying.
I also use a close-up shot when the main character is sending her college admissions to capture her facial expression of bliss. This is to show the calmness she feels because she completed her task.
I have no sound dialogue in the end clip because it shows that what the college admissions person thought of her admissions was not what mattered. What mattered is that the character made a stressful decision that was hindering her focus and completed what she needed to do.
Social Groups and Issues:
My product's social groups includes high schoolers because I have two high school characters. They and the teacher also represent anyone who is educating or educated. Social groups could also include people who are struggling to overcome something mentally like the main character.
My film addresses mental health and normalizes mental struggle. Therefore I am addressing the issue of people alienating those who have mental struggle.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Submission

My revised film features a new actor who plays the main character and another cast member for the teacher role. The film also has a new f...